View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 05:07   Link #133
Sol Falling

Man, I can see where all the people hyping up Doki Doki are coming from, but Smile must have totally spoiled me because I can't get over the loss of its simply amazing character designs. Despite the weaknesses/flaws I can fully admit were in Smile's story, it's established itself as my favourite Precure by far. Doki Doki seems to be calling back to an old school style which I can probably see appealing to the oldest Precure fans. However, while I'm prepared to give Doki Doki its fair shake, so far its strengths only seem to highlight how it is lacking in terms of what actually made me love Smile.

Half of the reason I managed to stick through with Suite for so long was the ED themes...and I gotta admit, Doki Doki's ED seems more than good enough to accomplish the same thing as well (despite both of those series' unattractive character designs. That's kind of bizarre, really, now that I think about it.). I hope Doki Doki won't be too heavy-handed with the het romance agenda, though, as I've been mostly spared from it in all the seasons I've watched so far.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote