View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 02:57   Link #19273
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
I'm thinking a lot of people here should stop trying to sound intelligent by spamming the thread with jargon. It might work to boost your ego a little, but you're not anyone – or, at the very least, not me.

I believe that's 刺す which means "to pierce", "to stab", "to prick", etc.
I will second the "to pierce. It's not strong enough to indicate penetrate, despite it being an implication.

What Soljashy has said on I really have to apologize, being the original culprit. It was a condescending way to illustrate things.

Well, another way of putting the same message would've been to say that everyone take different things out of the same observed items, although unfortunately some will force other into having similar response by skewing things instead of forming convincing arguments!

Observers are put off by specific jargon and way of tone that a group of people may end up using, and jargons aren't really restricted to one kind of way of saying things! In other words, this is what's happening with the otaku 'outsider force field' and that applies nonetheless to the Nanoha community, much the same way that the general population don't like hearing the scientists tearing each other apart with formulae.

The last thing would be to just absorb conclusion based on how they sound. Explanations do make sense at some level, but the question is at what level! Facts in /u/ can be worded as law, but when you goto /b/, hell breaks loose on those same laws.

Now moving on.

Nanoha as a happy Minorin . hmm... and chibi style~ Well last one's a yuri.

//Joke on Nanodora! incoming...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-03-18 at 03:49.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote