Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 07:32   Link #1536
coroloro

First, I must say this: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't stop there! AAAARGH! Okay, I feel a tiny bit better now. That was my first reaction at the end of the episode- things are FINALLY getting really good, and we see Eureka... and it ends! Of course an obvious pause point, but I personally want to go into stasis for the next week and wake up just as the next episode is out. :P To those who have been annoyed with the 'delay' and slowness - in my recollection, Eureka 7 TV (I haven't watched the movie, I like the way things worked out in the TV version just fine) took a long and gradual path itself. I will admit there was a lot more going on earlier in the series, but I kind of like how they have built a steady, stable feeling world and now they are suddenly shaking it up. I like how they started with stability and getting you grounded in 'this world' and planting seeds they might use later, and now they are shaking it up. It hasn't grabbed me as much as, say, Accel World, up until now - but it's been an interesting ride, and we've primarily been connecting to the characters, which will make a bunch of wild action later MEAN something. Animes rely too much on instant action these days, I think. I for one am quite looking forwards to - not for plot explanation reasons so much as CHARACTER reasons - seeing the next episode, because for one I almost cried when Ao finally saw his Mom... and secondly, it will be neat to get to meet Eureka and see her reaction to her son.

So they've been successful with me, at least, in terms of connecting me to Ao - whom I didn't really care a ton for at first, but now have an affinity with. This is important - as otherwise we'd go in not caring much for the 'new chars' and focused on the old ones. Now, we're connected to Ao, and so when Eureka comes back, she won't lessen Ao's presence or impact. I stilll love Eureka though :P

By the way- about the "one guy" on the station - notice he is rather effeminate? He's for the bisexual crowd :P LOL See, now it all makes sense - Loli's, women, and a pretty-boy. All we need for a proper ecchi comedy now is for pretty-boy to get a crush on Ao :P heheh.

-Coroloro
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote