View Single Post
Old 2011-03-09, 07:35   Link #16
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
The conflict might not be so obvious, but the ideas I had that fit it to a T ... I didn't like them so much and didn't finish 'em. So here!

Spoiler for Flickering Light v1.1:
Words: 1150

Thanks to Moczo for going error hunting <3

Knowing me I'll still rework it, so critique and suggestions are welcomed of course. I left many things ambigious on purpose, but maybe it doesn't make as much sense to others.
Dialogues are my enemy in English so I always try to write them to improve

(I raised an eyebrow at the ban of italics and bold btw )
Man, I really, really love the feeling going on here. It's great, especially right now; there's this slight rumbling of thunder going on outside and the sky is a sort of ruddy yellow, and it all seems to just fit. It's far too perfect.

I've also always liked these sort of stories, too. I like the idea of one person passing on some sort of higher wisdom to another simply in how they act, rather than through a lecture or something. It really hits home for me.

There are one or two slight spelling mistakes ("laugher" and "immediatly" specifically), but no big deal. Be damned if I didn't say that the way the story flowed pulled me right in, though.

Great stuff, all in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Quite an adventurous little tale; you're one of the first people I've seen use such an extensive vocabulary at your supposed age. Everyone still looks at me like I'm insane when I use the word "sepulchral". Well done
That's right, I'm really a 34-year old salaryman.

Last edited by WordShaker; 2011-03-09 at 08:01. Reason: Pfft, one word changes the entire meaning of the sentence. Fixed!
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote