View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 02:28   Link #1243
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I cannot express how epically disappointed I am that Ichigo didn't lose his head. I was steepling my fingers with glee at the thought. But no... plot hax has to come in and ruin it. Ah well... There should've been a better end for Byakuya as well but what the hey. Kubo has just kind of given up at this point.
It’s quite obvious that he has and it seems that he only knows one way for Ichigo to win: powering up. Even if the proposed power-up doesn’t make much sense in the context of the world Kubo’s constructed, it’s going to happen.

But I think ever since Aizen merged with the hoguyoku, Kubo’s been in state of defeat, in a state of, “Oh, I’ve just got to write and it doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not—I’ll fix any inconsistencies later!” and he’s never really recovered. (Most will probably argue that the Fullbringer Arc was when Bleach nosedived [some will argue the Arrancar Arc], but I’ve always felt it most during Aizen–in-beast-mode Arc.)

During this arc though, Kubo will either make Misaki a quincy or possibly something even more bizarre and improbable. The problem is, Ichigo should already be strong enough to fight off these Quncies. The kid has gone through so many transformations that he should literally be a God by now—and seeing how these events are leading up, it’s prepping him to be one.

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2012-10-25 at 02:43.
Bassoonicmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote