View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 08:44   Link #120
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Yeah. Even though they're practically not that in good terms(love hate relationship?) especially Mayaka, he got a little pissed off when he saw Mayaka's pained expression. I'm glad he's sticking to that statement he made on ep 18(which sparked Eru's feelings ) where he said he didn't want to be inconsiderate about people's feelings.

Oreki's really becoming my most favorite MC(if not, one of) of all the KyoAni shows I've watched. I'm even liking him more than Kyon now. Though Kyon is still an entertainment powerhouse.

Now that I look back and people claiming this was just a Haruhi clone without the fun. Well they were right about the fun part probably during the earlier parts, but this has become more interesting in terms of characterization and that's what sets it apart from Haruhi.
I think that Hyouka has better character dynamics than Haruhi does. What I mean by that is that Hyouka has more interesting developing relationships within its core cast than what Haruhi has within its core cast (at least going by just the anime portions of both properties). I think that the relationship between Oreki and Chitanda has been developed a bit better and more smoothly than the relationship between Kyon and Haruhi, and I also think that there's nothing in Haruhi quite like what we now have with Satoshi and Mayaka.

That being said, I'm a big sci-fi fan and Haruhi herself is one of my all-time favorite anime characters, so Haruhi remains my favorite KyoAni show of all-time (and one of my five favorite anime shows period).

But Hyouka has certainly been everything that people could have reasonably hoped it could be. Even some of the mysteries (primarily the arc-based ones) have genuinely been good. But most importantly the core cast has been extremely well-fleshed out and there's a lot of nice nuance and development within the relationships between them.