View Single Post
Old 2013-07-06, 12:02   Link #681
Pat123

Animepromo.com Mixed Review

I've bought a number of anime from animepromo.com. Up till now, I've been quite satisfied. The products have been of high quality and the zero-region option is really useful.

However, my last experience was not so good. I purchased "Toradora! Complete Series - Region 0." What I got had great sound and video, though the English subs were a bit lame. The first disc was damaged, so several episodes would not play. I tried cleaning and several DVD players and then contacted Animepromo. They agreed to send a replacement disc.

The disc I got covered the same episodes, but was different in several ways. For one, it would not play on my laptop. Second, the subs were different. But the main thing was that the video quality was poor. Also, there was a TV Tokyo logo up in the corner and occasionally little things would move across the screen. Colors were mottled and the image was not as sharp.

I complained and the Animepromo service people told me that the previous edition was no longer available. I checked the site and the description is the same, but the image is like the second disc I got, not the first one.

So, I'm not sure if I want to order any more from this site. Up till now, the quality was pretty good, but now I'm not sure what the future brings. I can definitely recommend that you not buy Toradora! Complete Series - Region 0 from Animepromo at this time.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote