View Single Post
Old 2008-06-21, 06:41   Link #1242
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:
As far as morality goes, absolute moral relativism seems to be the standard nowadays, what with stuff like Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. I had this revelation on the crapper the other day, though, that humans as social animals will have a sort of engrained internal morality scale, that runs on two axes. Basically, as far as right and wrong goes, even humans without a concious moral compass will subconciously measure acts by empathy (the social aspect) and necessity(the animal aspect). Any acts which violate either one of these principles may be considered 'evil', and any act which violates one in the name of the other may be considered 'ambivalent', on a scale determined by the degree of adherence versus the degree of violation for each aspect.
That more a ''acquired'' than a ''engrained'' internal morality scale, because it based on the ''value'' teached fron parents/elders/society/surrounding. And of course thoses value came from the time humankind ''created god(s), devil as a mean to help to live in group, but also to protect themself ( ''he did something harmful agains me because he is evil'' or ''bad thing happend to me because of god(s)/the devil'' )
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote