View Single Post
Old 2009-02-19, 04:58   Link #84
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Let's do a thought experiment, shall we? Replace Nina with a (straight) male character. How many of their interactions change at all? I'd say very very few. While Nina's certainly important to Layfon's thoughts and actions, that doesn't necessarily imply romance. If anything they're closer to rivals right now.

If they ever do set her up as a love interest, I'd say she has a good chance, but until then she's just not part of his harem. Yet.
Does your interactions with people change just based on their sex? Sure, they interaction hasn't been primarily romantic in nature but it certainly demonstrates a closeness, understanding and influence on each other that far exceeds the other girls. Both Mei and Felli are chasing after him but he has yet to show any feelings beyond friendship for either but even though Nina doesn't chase after him he seems to want to be closer to her. Most of Layfon's actions are based on Nina's influence on him. If Nina was male I'd be questioning Layfon's sexuality a bit and the Yaoi fangirls would have a field day with it. If anything I'd say he would be most likely the one to pursue a relationship with her. She'd probably just want to fight him instead though.