View Single Post
Old 2010-04-10, 20:18   Link #409
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
I'm almost done watching it and Koizumi saying "she loves you" while being drowned out by car noises so we only hear "ves you..." is evil, that wasn't in the original light novels!!!

I think this cements the interpretation that the light novels is purely from Kyon's unreliable narration while the anime is about 80% unreliable Kyon and 20% objective from out perspective so we get to see/hear things that Kyon wouldn't have told us.
I came across a point in the 2ch threads where they mention this same topic. Here's my translation:

Question: In Kyon and Disapperance!Koizumi's trainside conversation, Koizumi says something like...
Answer: "It's an envious position, wouldn't you say...." In the pamphlet (program at the movie) all call Daisuke Ono's performance "Impressive."
"A tone of sadness, and loneliness" was put into the speech. Incidently, there were no lines in the original work.

Here's the original Japanese if someone could translate better that what I got from Rikaichan:
Q.キョンと消失古泉が踏み切り脇で話してた時に、古泉が何か言いかけてたような…
A.「うらやましいですね……」 小野大輔がパンフレットで「印象的な場面」として挙げています。
  「選択されないものの寂しさ、哀しさ」が込められている台詞。ちなみに原作小説にはない台 詞です。

I had been wondering the same thing myself Blayne. I'm not saying that the translations was wrong, but I noticed it was a little different than what I came across from 2ch. That itself may be wrong like a few other things I got from there, so we won't know until a non-speedsub group does the movie.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-04-10 at 20:30.