View Single Post
Old 2011-11-10, 22:21   Link #12
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yep, we're talking about the same scene.
Spoiler for ep 18:

I hope they'll show the rest of the scene at the beginning of the next episode. They did something like this before. But yeah, really shitty move.
i'm hoping the omission of the scene was a stylistic decision as ringo's speech was a beautiful and tragic segue to the title card of the episode. it's definitely a shoma-centric scene that NEEDS to be in the show.

as for the episode, my face was the entire time

i felt super bad for tabuki and momoka savng him was epic in her innocent way. i'm still confused on how the child broiler works, how momoka knew about it, etc. etc. but this show is surreal so i won't muse too hard.

kanba was amazing this episode. so heartbreaking. i don't think you need to be a fan of him to appreciate his love for his sister.

i'm now starting to think that kanba shares parallels with momoka, though he's definitely more singular and (understandably) selfish with his goals. but his self-sacrifical nature is just as intense as momoka, and i wonder if it's more than just "kanba really, really loves his sister & family" as PoC made a comment about his "soul".

i think himari grew a whole lot in this show but it hasn't been as apparent to me as some other characters. she's been a really passive character and her (tragically) taking charge of her own life and doing her part to save her family was gut wrenching. i'm glad she didn't die, but honestly that scene would've been a beautiful conclusion to her life if it went in that direction.

finally natsume's comment was interesting. she said "i'll crush her" and i initially assumed it was yuri, but then she immediatly said she's going to take kanba away from them. is she referring to himari? either way, i'm looking forward to her and kanba's interactions.

amazing, beautiful, fabulous max, etc. etc. episode.

EDIT:

just wanted to agree one hundred percent with dragoonkain3's comment on tabuki.

i don't think his change of character was rushed either or the buildup felt flat. it was incredibly realistic and i loved how he said "goodbye" to yuri.