View Single Post
Old 2011-03-10, 05:18   Link #106
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Except that she only crushed Nanoha purely because of her cartridge system. The moment Nanoha got one, she was more than a match for Vita despite having only recently recovered from a total linker core draining.

People like A's, so they tend to place the Wolkies on a higher pedestal, but what happened in A's was just as much the enemy having a random advantage to nullify the heroine's strengths as Force.
I do think it's a bit more credible. Surely, it makes sense that the user with stronger weaponry is going to have an advantage. And while Nanoha's own upgrade made it more of a fight, I was always thinking that the Wolkies weren't really fighting to take them down as much as "get the hell out my way, I have more important business to do." Well, at first they were aiming for those linker cores though... And if anything, they had experience on their side; it wasn't just because they were toting around bigger sticks.

Though I guess it is kinda odd how fast Nanoha recovered from being drained. I think it is forgivable for a 13 episode series.

Still, it is much less arbitrary of an advantage as say "I have this field that magically nullifies all of your current skills-- now you must completely change your strategy and use different skills because we are bored!" It wasn't like Vita could just and tank all of Nanoha's attacks in their 1st battle. And even after the upgrades, they were basically using stronger versions of the attacks they already had.

I didn't really get very much into Force, so I'm not really sure how it goes.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote