View Single Post
Old 2012-10-11, 19:25   Link #30817
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikablu View Post
1) EP5 - Erika talks to everyone
Nope, this is never said. It's also never said she saw everyone. As Erika's position is never discussed we can't say that position X is better than position Y so Erika has the same chances of being in a position from where she can see everyone as well as being in a position in which she can't.

People don't use her position to prove ShKannon. It's after ShKannon was proved and confirmed by Ryukishi they deducted something should have stopped Erika from observing them both at the same time.

Quote:
It is forbidden for the case to be solved without clues that are presented.

There was never any indication of Erika's position being significant, or that Shannon/Kanon could be behind her.
There's also no indication of the opposite. If this can't be used to prove ShKannon (and usually isn't) it can't either be used to disprove it, at least not in the way you're using it.

Quote:
Shannon and Kanon were seen together here again but by Battler. When he came in, he saw the bodies and saw everyone else who was already there.
It's wrong. Actually Shannon and Genji weren't there.

Quote:
She realized that by now, her whole body had been covered in filthy sweat...
"G, ...Genji-san, Shannon-chan, please ask Father for instructions. Gohda-san, go together with Kanon-kun and call the police. ...Then, have Doctor Nanjo come here..."
then we have everyone else join Rosa. Nowhere is said that Shannon or Kanon tried to stop the kids from seeing that scene. Jessica leaves planning to go to Beatrice. Gohda and Kanon are told to follow her and so they do. And much after we're told that:

Quote:
Genji and Shannon, who she had sent to see Kinzo, hadn't returned yet.
Ergo when the kids saw the corpses only Kanon was present. Shannon was officially with Kinzo.

Quote:
3) EP6 - People Count, Erika's Finale
This got discussed already and in better ways than I could do.

Quote:
6) EP3 - Chained Rooms, 1st Twilight

In EP4, in the tea party, this is taken a step further, Beatrice said in reply to closed room chain: All five master keys were discovered, each in the pocket of one of the servants. This must mean that the parents when they went into the Kanon’s and Shannon’s respective rooms, THEY FOUND ACTUAL BODIES OF BOTH.
The trick was already explained by Ryukishi. The people entered first where was Shannon and found a key in her pocket. Then they found the other corpses and, in the end they found Kanon. This gave Shannon enough time to stop pretending being dead, dressing up as Kanon, reaching the chapel and faking being a dead Kanon. Then Nanjo inspected her and since it was clearly stated by Ryukishi he's an accomplice he had no problems declaring Kanon was dead and maybe personally fishing from his pocket a key.

And no rule say Yasu can't own 2 keys, one for Shannon and one for Kanon. Actually the red seems to imply exactly this.

Quote:
a) For example, 6 PEOPLE: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Godha and Kumasawa are dead, it's not so much the dead bit here (because you could say oh Shannon and Kanon are dead but Yasu isn't), but the fact that Shannon and Kanon are counted as 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE to bring the total up to 6 people. Otherwise, if they were the same person (which is what Yasu counts for just 1 person) then it should be counted as 5 people.
It had been discussed many times so I'll summarize it as: for Kanon and Shannon it was solely personality dead, same as it was for Battler when he lost memory.

Quote:
8) EP1 Paradox, Shannon and Kanon are next to each other in the Shed.
Battler however can't see Shannon. That Shannon in the shelve is likely as real as the fight between Beato and Virgilia.

Quote:
a) Regarding the unidentified corpses, all of their identities are guaranteed. What does this mean exactly? Well, it obviously means that the corpse that was apparently Shannon’s in the shed was definitely Shannon’s. Why is this ignored?
As there was not a sixth corpse there was nothing to identify.
And again Ryukishi confirmed this.

Quote:
c) In reply to people who say that there was no 6th body, Battler had acknowledged it himself and had seen it, he didn’t confirm its identity was all. Battler is the detective and so there definitely exists a corpse.
Where was it said that Battler saw a 6th corpse?

Quote:
EP4 he is dead in the well,
How did he fell in the well that's close in such a way Battler couldn't open it?

Quote:
b) Kanon’s corpse can be HIDDEN
Which would be the point of hiding solely Kanon's body?

Quote:
10) Gender Confusion, no evidence

Knox's 8th prevents ShKanon from occurring in the 1st place, because there was no evidence to suggest that Yasu was sexually confused, there was never anything written in the story that her physical appearance, her genitalia primarily, were mangled. The story had never given alluded to Yasu/Shannon/Kanon were physically disabled. Also regarding body doubles, don't clues have to be presented for this to work, was it ever shown that Shannon could pass off as Kanon or vice versa?
Actually in Ep 7 she claims she has a body that's impossible to love. It's also said that she's the baby that fell from a cliff and it's reasonable to suspect she suffered some sort of injury. Plus Ryukishi stated her breasts are fake.
And there's all Ep 6 that imply that Shannon adn Kanon are the same person pursuing different dreams of having a love story with 2 different people of different sex.

Quote:
ShKanon is purely metaphorical. Yasu is completely metaphorical concept, used to explain the closeness of 2 people rather than Yasu herself being a person creating 2 different people.
Which would be the point of doing all this? Skipping that, no, Shannon and Kanon don't share the same dream but opposite dreams, why to create Yasu to represent them and give Yasu a backstory that takes most of EP 7 to be told when they aren't the culprit and all this is a metaphor for something so meaningless?

Quote:
3) One dies by accident or EP6 duel actually happens
Why would the duel happen if they're separate people?

Quote:
4) The one who survives takes up the ideas and dreams of the other and thus is living one life but for 2 people
So basically you're saying ShKanon didn't exist at first but came into life after Kanon's death? I'm not sure I get your point.

I recommend though to read Our Confession whom Wanderer kindly translated as well as Ryukishi's interview and to wait for the translation of Ep 8 manga version. They can answer to many of the things you pointed out in a better way than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Well, maybe Battler fulfils those requirements, so maybe if he'd stepped into the shed to look for Shannon's corpse he'd ruin everything, but I really think he's just duped before investigating.

So, he's.... a lazy/dumbass detective?
I think he's more a detective who doesn't know he's the detective and has cool powers and is in a story so when he's told that no, he can't check a corpse by an adult or not to touch stuffs because the police might want to have the crime scene preserved he does as asked like any normal people hopefully would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
How much better would everything be if Ryukishi had bothered to be less vague about certain things? It's okay not to reveal Prime, but I think there are some issues which he should have adressed more clearly. Because it's just this unwilingness to discuss certain things which gives rise to all sorts of ridiculous "conspiracy theories" like KnownNoMore.

My guess is people are totally hitting that uncertainty because they are dissatisfied with the actual answer.
Definitely. There's to say I think he's giving some answers in EP 8 but, since I can't read it, just watch pictures, I don't know the extent of what he's revealing.

Last edited by jjblue1; 2012-10-11 at 19:36.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote