View Single Post
Old 2010-04-08, 15:01   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The only golden oldies I have watched recently are Pandora's Box / Diary of a Lost Girl both starring Louise Brooks and East of Eden starring Dean .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Anna and King of Siam (1946)
It's the only adaption of the rather fictional stories of Anna Leonowens that I actually like. Despite being a chick flick and made in the over dramatic-mush era, this was quite the humorous movie. I can see why it can be insulting for Thai people, but it was a movie targeted at the western audience anyway. Just gotta love Irene Dunnes performance in this, and despite nearing her 50s, she didn't look a day older than 30 in the movie. And this in a time before botox and cosmetic surgery.

Aha never knew of this one . I actually watched the musical remake of it King and I (1956) . Though I don't remember much of the movie, as I watched it as a kid on Turner . But I remember the remake, the travesty of sanity starring Chow Yun-Fat. And being a huge fan of Chow Yun Fat's, The Killer it was hard to see him in a musical .

Though I would like to know how these two movies compare King and I / Anna and King of Siam . Here is the Summary / Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSong View Post
Tom Yum Goong a.k.a. The Protector

It is kind of Thailand's fighting/action with lot of realy cool and some funny moves mostly from Myau Thai, but also have few from Kung Fu, Brasilian Capoeira, etc.

I wanted to watch it due to Tony Jaa of Ong Bak fame but the elephants scared me away . Bit too much to digest even setting aside culture differences . Yep takes place in Australia but still not my thing gave it a miss . If you want another movie from the same Director (Prachya Pinkaew) check out Chocolate I really liked it .