View Single Post
Old 2010-07-28, 09:56   Link #7027
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Well, I'm using the official translation here. I don't have much time to chat tonight, but the relevant lines are "But Back then, why did Ojo-sama's face come to mind? Could it be I think of Ojo-sama as...?" and "This is probably how it feels to fuss over a little sister..."

(I wouldn't call this scene romantic, exactly, just interesting.)

In any event, I'm tired so I'm skipping this for now.
I don't know man, I've read that line in Japanese, fan translation and official translation and I don't find it particularly interesting. Perhaps, had I read it back in the day, I would have thought it was interesting. But, at this point, I really cannot. But well, who knows?

Quote:
Well, again, you're thinking of these romantic subplots as being something separate from the main story, while I consider them fairly typical romantic rival/drama stuff. (Typical in concept, anyway. As always this manga excels in the execution and characterization, which is why I love it so much.) And I do love my cheesy romance, don't get me wrong.
Hmm... it's not as if I'm considering the romance to be a completely plot apart. You have one story as a whole, but the parts which focus on Hayate being Nagi's butler and the romance parts are not always the same or even connected.

Quote:
I don't know that I'd say they've had a lot of romantic development. Hina especially has felt like she's just been spinning in circles for ages now. She had a lot of internal anguish during Golden Week, but it was all very self contained. Her biggest moments during the arc kept going back to the theme of self-sacrifice--Sacrificing her "weak" image (In her mind anyway) to win the Volleyball game, telling Hayate to go to Athena instead of confessing herself, and going to help Hayate save Athena despite her massive jealousy. It never came back around to her getting any kind of serious attention from Hayate.
Sure, in terms on how they have advanced, there hasn't been much. I guess I should rephrase what I said. What I mean with romantic development, was romantic focus. Hina and Ayumu have had a considerable amount of it. In fact, most of the time they get some focus, you can be sure some sort of romantic subplot will take place.