View Single Post
Old 2011-02-26, 10:35   Link #1119
hinode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't count MF TV as bittersweet. My 5 out of 8 is for Zero, Esca, MFMovie, Aquariuon + Aquarion Movie, Arjuna can make that 6 out of 8... for shows he's had significant involvement in since Escaflowne...

I think including clear children shows (like he's going to make them bittersweet lol) and a short he worked on for a Studio C's collection are fudging the figures more than selecting the last 15 years of his career lol Not to mention that Spring and Chaos is biographical sketch of a Japanese poet.

FYI I went from 1996 and up because that was his first bittersweet anime and since than over 50% of his productions, especially ones he's had control over have had bittersweet endings.
Late to this thread, but how did Aquarion movie have a bittersweet ending? My understanding is that the movie is just a compilation of the two OVAs together, and those definately had a happy (if somewhat confusing) ending. Well, unless you consider "any secondary character killed = bittersweet", but by that standard almost every ending is bittersweet.