View Single Post
Old 2006-09-02, 23:48   Link #86
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I would argue against people saying Camille remaining absolutely the same throughout the series, but I'm biased since he's my favorite UC Gundam character. IMHO, Camille retained the general core of his personality, true, but many of his views and attitudes develop through the entire TV series (after much Brightslapping). He starts off the series generally immature and selfish, but as things happen to him, he changes some of his views. Put it to you this way: The Camille at the time of Four's death is a more mature character than the one who saw his mother die--and definitely more mature than the one who punched Jerid in the nose. This is, sadly, one of the things the Zeta movie compilations can't push across. Then again, I feel Camille in the movies wasn't quite as petty or spiteful as Camille was in the TV series.

I'll have to agree with everyone else on Char/Quattro: Quattro is probably the best Char of the incarnations he's had in the UC series in terms. Then again, I'm wondering how much of CCA was written and developed due to fan demand.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote