View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 22:26   Link #1734
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
At first I was shocked. But then I realized that these guys could actually afford to get killed without getting completely cut from the plot. Afterall, since they were alive during the fullbring arc, their death would only mean they can continue to remain relevant as souls.
I realized that too. Which has explained a nagging questioned of mine—what would happen to Ichigo if he actually died—he just end back up in SS.
Quote:
Though it'll be interesting to see what excuse Kubo provides to explain how they'll retain their fullbring abilities (if at all). I mean, one would think that they should've lost their hollow-based abilities upon having their souls be cleansed at the time of their death.
I could see them somehow using their hollow-powers. It’s not like their hollow side is completely removed because of a kanso. It’s just cleansed. I think that if they trained hard enough and concentrated on that aspect of their soul, they could probably reawaken that side of their being—though their powers would probably be different, if not enhanced for plot convenience later on. I'm not saying I can explain this well, and I doubt when the time comes Kubo will either. It will probably be one of those moments we'll just have to accept, shrug off, and nit pick something else that's little more offensive and trollish, granted if there is one at the time.