View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 18:19   Link #16825
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Again though, these aren't evidence, they're absences of contradictory facts. By the same logic I can state that since no one ever announces they need to go to the bathroom, the entire family never once actually uses the restroom for the entire 48 hours. That isn't unsupported by the evidence given, but it lacks a large amount of affirmative proof.
I think we have discussed this matter before.

One thing is the absence of an evidence that you normally wouldn't expect.
Another thing is the absence of an evidence that you normally would expect.

The fact that it was never mentioned that anyone used the restroom doesn't raise any suspicion because it's something that you normally do not expect.
However the fact that Shannon and Kanon are never seen both at the same time in front of Battler and that the same can't be said for any random two persons among the closed circle (excluding Kinzo who in fact is already dead) is suspicious enough.

To make another example, the fact that the cousins' grandma's name was never mentioned is something that most people think is strange. However I doubt anyone wondered which is Gohda's grandma's name.

Anyway you didn't really get my point before. I never said something that ridiculous like "since a disguise exist then any disguise can exist".
I said that the definition of clue to justify a disguise is probably more subtle and less evident than you think.

If you think that a stronger clue must exist, then let's start from a disguise we are sure of its existence. Beatrice is settled, but then what about Shannon? Where is the clue that shows that Shannon is dissimulating her real look?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote