View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 03:13   Link #323
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
They may have simply been caught up in the moment. It's easy to overlook even the most important details in the moment.

Even so, what was shown is up to the eye of the beholder.
This isn't actually @ you TwilightHack, but generally speaking, you bring up a nagging point... If AltoxSheryl DID do the horizontal boogie, I'd find it really out of character for Sheryl. This V-Type virus is essentially like AIDS+cancer. Even in the heat of the moment, I really cannot believe that Sheryl would have sex with the person she loved (or anyone else for that matter.) knowing that it could be a death sentence for them as well as her. If nothing else, we've seen Sheryl grow beyond mere disengagement for the safety of others to active participation in the safety of those around her... this is further bolstered by this episode. Engaging in risky behavior, even in this situation is antithetical for her.

I've watched and re-watched the pan up and see where people feel there was a kiss there, and if >I< were Alto, I might have kissed her... BUT if you can feel that the pan up was to imply goings-on, it could equally have hidden a LACK of goings-on too. I've also rewatched over and over, the following shot of Alto on the porch and see no indication of redress, metaphorical elements in the shot, or really any difference in Alto, except that he has his boots back on... SO I don't know what other post coital implication could be there... Plus, assuming they DID kiss, No matter how steamy and emotional, it doesn't automatically follow that copulation must have occurred.

True enough about the eyes of the beholder... But IMO The Sheryl colored glasses being worn by some are leading to conclusions not consistent with the character, or the past arguments of those leveling the suggestions. Perhaps a round of cold showers is in order...