View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 16:30   Link #358
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I can't say I'm surprised by the current findings.

Given that Rea acts differently from the 'regular' zombies at ZOMA, I could tell pretty early on that her brain was still alive. The fact that some parts apparently died off explains why she can't feel pain, or hot and cold anymore and why her metabolism stopped.

I liked how the scientists noticed that Rea was blushing, even though she has no flowing blood. This tells me that there might be an actual reason as to why this happens and that it's not just there for show. The MRI scan seemed to suggest that certain parts of her body still contain large volumes of blood (if that's what the white areas on the scan mean). Since parts of her brain are still alive and active, it obviously found a way to simulate blushing without needing actual flow of blood. I wonder if they'll truly dig deeper into this little mystery and find an actual working theory.

Anyway, though ZOMA seems to be reasonably benign, I still think Chihiro (and especially Rea, who is still very naive) needs to be careful with who they're dealing with. His grandfather didn't leave the organization for nothing, after all.

I do believe that she can be brought back to life, but I also think they won't find the cure without some major bumps in the road.