View Single Post
Old 2010-08-01, 23:55   Link #26
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suimancer View Post
Spoiler for Yin's wish...perhaps:

He still had hope. Yin was turning into a monster, literally sucking the souls of living things around him. He would most definitely stop Yin from being a monster they do not want her to become. It was unfortunate that the only solution was to kill Yin, a perfect mirror with what Hei and Bai went through during the events prior to season 1. Hei and Yin’s final moments after Suou “died”, in my eyes did not show a hopeless situation ( ironic given Hei’s goal)but of mutual understanding between them. Hei is still alive with all the ‘memories” of his allies and loves ones. It is through living that he manifests their hopes for him and his hope for himself .

PS: Was the gold figure indeed Shion? Could anyone who could read moon runes be able to confirm the presence of Shion and his V.A in the credits? Thanks a bunch.
I can't really see the logic in Hei killing Yin at the end. She had already become Izanami, had already killed(or perhaps saved) countless people. I think Hei realized what Izanami(and Yin) were doing at the end. Taking the souls of contractors, dolls, humans, and giving them a new life on Shion's created Earth.

There are a lot of questions though. Yin says it's not too late, and once again asks Hei to kill her. What is this refering to, Shion's new Earth? The soul-sucking child left behind? Even though Yin says it's not to late to stop something, nothing actually changes. Earth 2.0 fades off in the distance, and Kaga-Tsuchi remains to kill the CIA agents. Another question is what part Hei was supposed to play in the prophecy. When Misaki listens to the tape left by Amber, Amber says if Izanami and Izanagi meet Hei will...We never find out what Hei would do. I theorized earlier that it's possible Hei actually created the child left behind by extracting whatever was in Yin and somehow transferring it, however that's just my wild guess.

As for the gold child being Shion, I really doubt it. Yin first merges with it during the time Hei is choosing the third option, and Yin is left behind inside the gate. In episode 3 of the OVA Yin mentions that whenever the thing feels Hei is near it tries to talk to her, and in OVA 4 the thing asks Yin why no one else has been able to hear it yet, and refers to itself as "we". It's something that came from the gate, and there's never been enough information about the gates to figure out what it is.