View Single Post
Old 2009-02-20, 06:56   Link #946
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I used to do this. Possibly because I no longer think that.
I always append "to me" and "in my opinion" to statements like "best anime ever" (which, to be fair, is still CCS; MoHS is "second best anime ever"). I've been told that doing so makes my argument sound weak, which is a surprise, since I didn't think it was an argument to be proven/disproven, but merely a statement in a conversation.

I've also been told that this viewpoint is taught (hammered into minds, more accurately) in schools in the US and possibly the UK as well. I don't know how true this is.

Changing tastes, or in my case the lack thereof, is another reason why I'm not too bothered with the delays behind season 2. My opinions, unless disproven by a convincing enough argument, remain quite static. This is possibly a problem; I've certainly had several people tell me it is.

Quote:
That's one of those things you don't even believe you've heard when you hear it in real life. Hating something because it's popular, is, well, something that's so stupid it sounds like it came out of fiction.
Like aliens, ESPers, time-travellers, and sliders... well, not really, since they're not exactly "stupid".

Truth is often stranger, so on and so forth. I don't pretend to understand or like it, but I accept that it's a possible trait of human nature, much like I don't like the Harry Potter books, but I accept that they're immensely popular.