九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Nooo, it's this kind of thread.
And it's my fault! xD

Anyway...
No, I don't eat me.
There is no morally relevant difference between an animal possessing a central nervous system and a human being. People can roll their eyes at me all their want, but killing a sentient being is nothing short of murder to me.
However, since it's "normal" in our culture to eat meat, there is a difference between someone who murders humans and someone who kills animals for the purpose of producing meatin my eyes. It's not like I see my friends and family as horrible human beings because they eat meat - I just believe they are being morally inconsistent and doing something that is terribly wrong, because we can survive without eating meat.
I also don't blame the few people who truly feel their life wouldn't be worth living without eating meat, since it's a vital interest against a vital interest (well, many vital interests), and we tend to put out own lives and those of our loved ones first.
Are we talking about eating meat or about cannibalism? Do you really think people who eat meat are like cannibals? This is pretty radical
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote