View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 08:06   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Nope. Not even close, even if you toss out religious texts from the rankings.

It doesn't really seem that similar to me - I doubt Kishimoto has ever even read it.
i read in a recent article that the number one most-read book is the bible. the second book was about buddhism. hp is in the top five. even twilight made it to the list. but of course the question is, was that survey accurate? i'm not sure. but i made that statement with that article in mind. popularity-wise, hp is more well-known than naruto, not to mention it came out at least two years before naruto was first published. and even if some people haven't read hp, they have most likely seen the movies, while naruto is mostly limited to its anime/manga followers.

i never said the two stories are the same but there are some similarities, especially when it comes to its two main villains and two lead characters. anyway, my point is the cursed seals do remind people of the horcruxes and that's why oro's revival seemed ridiculous.