View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 00:30   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So the real issue here is basically if they know how the novel series will end and intend to present that ending in this season. If so, it should be possible to trim the content accordingly to tell the whole thing in one two-cour show.
Ah yes there's that too... But personally, I also feel that pure romcom or Love-Drama stories are easier to adapt than Sci-fi and fantasy action, no matter what method they end up using

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, it doesn't really work that way. Each show has its own separate staff, and its own set of workers assigned to each episode based on the needs of each episode. If the needed staff aren't in house, then they'll outsource (as often happens anyway). I don't think either show is getting "more time and attention", but they do have different art styles, which is driven by the art director, animation director, and character designer. You may like the style of one over the other, but there's no "preferential treatment" going on. I'm sure each team will do the best they can within the constraints they're assigned.
Plus, I doubt either companies would take too kindly to the studio syphoning their assigned resources for another project.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote