Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-22, 23:34   Link #229
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Is that like saying I hate Hikaru because he is not wearing my favorite colored pants?

Or, I hate Macross because it does not have gigantic panda fighting robots?

Which by the way, are kind of shallow reasons to hate, are they not?

- Tak
Funnny guy you are..... your so smart but you miss a huge glaring issue with DYRL..its an adaptation of the story and characters from SDF-1....

DYRL is a short retelling of SDF-1, its like any TV show made into a movie with dropped and remade bits to account for the new style or themes of the day while not to the exstream as most adaptations take its still just that an adaptation of the orignail with extra bits shoehorned in as an after thought, a proper OVA would have been better but tossing SDF-1 into a pot of new stuff mixing it up and calling it DYRL makes for bad suop, tieing it into the main story arch makes for good if not clumsy writing.

I'll give M7 a break because its supposed to be cute and dumb but DYRL and plus reek, MF aint half bad but the mix of so much stuff takes it down a notch, of course if you think abotu MF being based off a MS/SDF-1 adaptation then it brings things into perspective *hides* .
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote