View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 09:58   Link #675
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just don't see what more you'd want her to have done by this point, that's what i'm getting at.
Honestly, not much more. What she's accomplishing doesn't bother me nearly as much as the way she's portrayed, whenever she's involved in something important the writers bend over backwards to make her look useless.

When Akiyuki fights a humanform she HAS to get herself almost killed, whenever there's an action scene she just stands there or proceeds to promptly get knocked out of the way, and episode 8 really pushes her uselessness.

She's a soldier, on a mission, she stays behing when Furuichi tells her to for no good reason, she runs away when there's a fight, she forgets all her jujutsu badassitude and acts like a typical girl when Akiyuki is about toi get shot.

She never think things through, she never questions her bizarre visions even though it's horribly obvious there's something going on with those, she's never shown as a competent soldier who follows orders and know what she's doing, her sole reason to even be in this story seems to pine after Akiyuki and get herself in mortal danger and get rescued.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote