View Single Post
Old 2009-07-24, 08:15   Link #47
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Perfect depiction of Horo's mental breakdown = 10/10.

Lawrence is a huge tool. When I read this in the volume I remember thinking "o no she can... Lawrence, fix this, Lawrence shes losing it you have to fix this, no... WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?... FIX THIS!" Exact same feeling I got from watching it. I think Horo is tying Belldandy for "characters you never ever ever want to see cry"

Seeing how well they did this important scene, I am looking forward even more to the next big moments in the volume. I am 1000000% confident they will do them justice.

As for the Immortality thing, if you are a firm believer in the whole immortal soul thing (I'm not) then I suppose this wouldn't be as bad. But even still, if Horo was willing to accept Lawrence's short lifespan, and Lawrence was sure Horo wants to, then they could spend the remainder of his life together. 60 years of companionship beats 60 without I suppose. And if they did have children Horo would have the company of her family for the rest of her life, and the connection to Lawrence through them. So she might have a good idea with the baby thing, just not while she is suffering a mental breakdown.

Spoiler for Future outlook: