Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-17, 22:08   Link #260
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Well the Soviets are the least likely to gather sympathy from a Japanese point of view. The Axis are nominal allies, the Americans and Western European Allies are post war friends, but Japan has a long history of antagonism towards Russia...
Would Humikane be executed by some Ultra Nationalists in Japan or something if he made Sanya (and Perhaps Aleksandra too) use a MiG-3 or a Yak-9 based Striker Unit? (LITERALLY ok?, not some fusion/combination model of both Yak & MiG aircraft)

I dunno but his avoidance of Russian Warbirds seems quite obvious when he actually made two versions of the T-34 as Mecha Musume, another Soviet Heavy Tank (which name i forgot..) & the IL-2 Sturmovik.. err... wait.. isn't the IL-2 a russian warbird too?..

Gosh~! I've been expounding on this insignificant snag for so long~
Maybe it's like an eyesore for me personally..
but anyway... I know well that my point and whinnig is moot
So sorry~ ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
What seems even more wrong to me is idolization of the Yamato! Shouldn't this be inspired by the story of the triumph of Naval Aviation? Isn't this a chance for Kido Butai fans to glorify the real heroes of the Imperial Navy? (^_^)
That's why I'm also waiting for it to be sunk be Neuroi.. If she survives the war..
well................................... I'll just assume it's a Japanese bias on their former Military hardware... ^^ which is to be expected ..^

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-07-17 at 22:37.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote