View Single Post
Old 2011-07-02, 15:49   Link #58
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
If Saki playing chinese mahjong she can't win because she can't use rinshan kaihou lol... Every country also have different yaku/winning hand anyway... You just need to remember is every country have different style and tiles in mahjong...
I'm not sure if you're referring to which chinese mahjong but most of it are quite similar, Taiwanese, Hongkong, Singapore/Malaysia.. Just that Taiwanese and Hongkong syle have 16 tiles mahjong too..

But to your quote, even in chinese mahjong, Saki could still win by Hua Shang Zhi Mo(Rinshan Kaihou) just that it doesnt add any Tai(Fan).. So she still can win by it, just that it's not able to pick up any bonus Tai/Fan for her..

And I can so imagine Saki collecting all those flower tiles and animal tiles, which adds to their Tai/Fan total.. And then suddenly Tsumo for the win by drawing the replacement tiles..

By the way, Saki would have win bonus money/points for Singaporean Mahjong for those Kans, animal pair and flower pair and having read the rules for Taiwanese Mahjong, it's an automatic win if you have 7 of the 8 flower tiles and the last flower tiles get exposed with the person who exposed it being the loser, getting all 8 is like a tsumo win with a Mantai(Yakuman) score.. Not just that every Kan is a Tai/Fan in Taiwanese Mahjong, so Saki's mahjong is still pretty damn bloody good in other style too..

Finally back to topic, I would LOVE an anime on Maho.. She have one of the most incredible ability out of everyone..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote