View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 02:28   Link #142
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I thought the explanation for the "illusion" was pretty obvious: Kirito is a broken player. He's basically using corrupted SAO data combined with the ALf data. It's not unusual at all in the computer world for strange errors and glitches to appear when data is messed with. Heck, a lot of MMO exploits arise from that.

A normal player would appear as an illusion, however he's anything but normal. Obviously this makes him a bit of a Gary Stu, but he's not invincible and can get his rear handed to him even with all of his advantages so it's not so bad.

I thought some of the more interesting bits came from Kirito's lines. It's pretty easy to see that he's got PTSD from his time in SAO, and his speech after the fight was somewhat hypocritical considering he doesn't seem bothered about his glitched advantages. Granted, exceptional situation and all (and the narrative needed an excuse to skip the leveling up montage), but he didn't seem to reflect on it much. At least he admitted he sounded arrogant.

As for his sister, I feel really bad for her. I enjoy her character, but it's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion. Talk about rotten luck.

Recon grates on my nerves something fierce. <--random comment.