View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 16:04   Link #17822
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
I'll admit I might have judged Asumu and Rudolf's relationship somewhat harshly, but you'll have to excuse me for saying that NO woman would ever want to be "second best!" Especially if you consider the Kyrie from the forth game, she'd hardly give up on victory and her own son for anything.
Kyrie didn't like it, but for 12 years she did put up with being second place. And she didn't give up her son; she didn't know Battler was her son.

As for why I think Krauss knew or guessed:
1) Rudolf had some sort of secret that he was unsure whether or not to reveal in the "I'll probably be killed tonight" scene. The truth about Battler's parentage is the only likely secret.
2) Remember the scene in Episode 1 when the siblings are trying to shake down Krauss? Krauss is good at learning secrets and waiting for the best time to use them.

a) How did Rudolf learn about Battler's parentage?
b) Why didn't Rudolf reveal that years ago?
c) Why was he going to reveal it that night?

Try answering these questions under the assumptions that "the switch was accidental", "Asumu did it without Rudolf's knowledge", and "Rudolf was knowingly involved in the switch".

If Krauss managed to convince Kyrie of everything, I think it quite likely that Kyrie would file for divorce, get custody of Ange, break up the business; possibly Battler would also leave him. Losing everything could, metaphorically, be "getting killed tonight". Rudolf might be weighing the possibilities "Do I gamble that Krauss has nothing, or on my ability to talk things out now?"

And the "Asumu is Ange's mother" idea strikes me as ridiculous. Could Asumu go through 9 months of pregnancy without Battler noticing?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote