View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 02:18   Link #3808
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@LMK
Right, so you know about Western film/TV making. What do you know about the production of Japanese anime? More specifically, what do you know about the production of Frontier or Guilty Crown? Based on what you've written here, especially compared to what the creators actually say in their interviews, not much.

What matters to me, personally, is that I make sure other people reading this know that.

Oh, and I'll keep calling out anyone who bashes any of the creators on flimsy reasons that are clearly unsupported.

So specifically, here's some of the stuff you're making up this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
A good example is how (Yoshino) handled the triangle in particular. Instead of going along with building the characters anymore, he decided to have Ranka leave Frontier, as if Sheryl wouldn't have won any other way. This was something that Kawamori disliked, as he spoke sadly of it in the commentary.
So...where did Kawamori say that he disliked this development? And where was it said that Yoshino was the one who had Ranka leave Frontier?

Quote:
The fact is, in the second half of Frontier, all the characters were pulled by the plot rather than choosing their own paths away from the writers. Therefore, it was easy to tell which person wrote which part of the story.
Huh? Logical gap, much?

And are you absolutely sure that they didn't discuss this? That Yoshino put up all the ideas that were used in the 2nd half of the series as opposed to, say, Kawamori, or Kikuchi, or someone else, proposing them?

Prove it.

Quote:
However, when Yoshino took over for episode fifteen and onward, the growth all stopped.
Yoshino took over? Really? Prove it.

And no, it is not proof to say that the 'supposed' result (i.e. the fact that you think the characterization failed from this point onwards - which a lot of people here should disagree with you on, anyway) means that Yoshino had clearly taken over.

Quote:
No, no; that's not what I meant. He doesn't even have an association with the composition of the movie. It was shocking but his role was downplayed, as if Kawamori was pissed at what the ending of the series had been. I think he wanted to remove Yoshino from having anymore involvement with the characters he'd grown to perfection, as he wanted his ending.
He didn't? Really? Once again, prove it.

And the ending to the series? Yoshino specifically said that EVERYONE came to the idea of 'Alto not choosing' around the same time.

So how do you know that this was Yoshino's idea, and not Kawamori's, or Kikuchi's, or someone else's?

Again, prove it.

Quote:
That doesn't mean Yoshino might not have given ideas that Kawamori might've taken (like the flashback of Alto and Sheryl to help compensate for the time--never mind they spent four months together, I mean; ain't that enough if you wanted to hook them up--but no, apparently, we needed a flashback because we didn't think they were in love yet, which meant Ranka would win by default and it would piss a lot of people off), but it means his role was nowhere near how it was with Frontier.
And how do you know this wasn't actually Kawamori's idea?

I have never denied that Yoshino had an influence on Frontier. But I never go so far as to say he was responsible for something in particular unless I have proof of it (e.g. Klan's micronised form, or the "You are both my wings" line).

You, however, are saying that all the things you don't agree with resulted specifically because Yoshino was involved. How do you know that?

Oh, and this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Regardless if Yoshino truly influenced Kawamori or not; someone did, and he didn't like what he'd written in the series nor how it ended, so he decided to completely remake the storyline from the halfway point till the end with the same plot just in a different direction, and left out anyone being sacrificed to the enemy (as in leaving with them). I think that alone shows he was disgusted with what he wrote, regardless if it was just him or if he'd gotten cooperation with Yoshino.
Are you sure that's true? Could there possibly be another reason, primarily creative - or several, for that matter - for the changes??

-------

I've asked you to offer proof for quite a few things here. As I noted in my last PM to you, what...three months ago(?), whether you choose to find that proof or not is up to you. In fact, if you can offer any such proof, I - and everyone else here - would be happy to accept it. We're always eager to learn as much as we can about Frontier, provided that it is true.

But if you can't prove something, I'll continue to say that it was just made-up. Just like when you said that Kawamori hired Endo Aya because he didn't like May'n's acting.

And conjecture that bashes one of the creators without good reason? I'll keep calling you - and anyone else - out on that.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-04-12 at 04:30.