View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 09:47   Link #23
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
people are over exaggerating,
gonzo makes at least as many good shows as any other studio(and as opposed to most they also make GREAT series once in a while..), the only thing is that that they simply produce much more then most other studios.
that, while not profitable for them, shouldn't matter for viewers..
Toei has probably produced at least a hundred more series than Gonzo, but yeah, they've been around longer.
Sunrise has at least as many series as Gonzo, as does Production I.G. and maybe Bones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
and if non of them sold 5000 copies while rosario which was based on moe did it just shows what most anime fans want to watch.
Rosario was based on panties, not moe.
Ecchi is targeted at a different audience than say, Nanoha or Rozen Maiden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That is rather unforgivable in my eyes. I mean SnH...the best comedy series I've seen loosing out to Rosario on the market. What an insult
It must be the bad reputation (which to this day I still don't understand why) because I know that they do produce gem series from time to time, yet those titles don't get the credit because of the studio it is from.
Bah >.>
The bad rep is mostly due to the ratio of excellent series:crap that they seem to have.
The ratio's shared by most other studios, but crap from other studios isn't as well-known as Gonzo's crap for some reason.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote