View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 12:10   Link #34
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I won't deny their quality anime are overshadow by their recent poor anime although I'm more incline to believe their prolificacy just creates an incentive for awareness around the community. Alot of people are expecting mediocre from Gonzo yet they still come and watch even though they're not going to gain any satisfaction. If I had to comment, people are more illogical when it comes to gonzo anime rather than their reputation for producing mediocre anime. It would be more logical if people just not watch gonzo anime at all yet you will always find comments of people bashing their anime throughout the thread voicing their opinion even though there’s always a choice to watch attach to any given anime.
While I do complain a lot about GONZO, part of the reason why I continue to take occasional stabs at GONZO shows is that they make enough good stuff that it'd be unwise to discount their works altogether. At the very least, it makes the watchability threshold much more often than say... Bee Train.

For example, I'd point at Bokurano as a decent show they've done. Sure, they may have made a few changes that irked the manga followers, but I thought the series wrapped up rather decently. Red Garden was also very well-done even if it never got on many people's radars.

So I'll take chances with them now and then just on the off chance of finding gold. Likewise, I'll criticize their works if I find it horrible like with Romeo x Juliet.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote