View Single Post
Old 2011-03-18, 14:11   Link #205
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevill View Post
Well, we've seen it before. 'Kinzo is dead' is bad writing, 'Skhannon' is bad writing, now it's the turn of 'Multiple truths'. When the dust settles, people will be able to accept it as a legitimate trick.
  • "Kinzo is dead" isn't bad writing at all. It's actually extremely well done. It has a definitive purpose from the very start of the series and there are massive hints as early as Legend (Natsuhi's bizarre seemingly out of character Kinzo).
  • Shkannon is bad writing. He just tried to introduce a lot of sob story to make us feel sorry for the individual. For some, this was enough. Doesn't make it less stupid or more useful to the plot from any angle (it isn't and it doesn't).
  • You act like Author Theorists haven't been saying multiple truths are possible within fictional stories all along. I think I was the one who even suggested, after someone (Lyrical?) mentioned the cups-and-coins thing, that Beatrice could have been discussing a different story, which would basically have been equivalent to the "multiple truths" thing. All Erika has to realize to have her moment of self-doubt is that she herself is a fictional character and the fictional mysteries are never going to produce an actual real-world truth. That itself has no bearing whatsoever on "what's in the box."
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote