Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-08, 02:37   Link #21253
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for chap:
Well, Akasha still needed to inject her own blood to restrain Alucard, and I don't think that Akasha could do that in the middle of a battle...

Not to mention that she said it herself, that she doesn't think that she will be able to return this time, when she protected Moka from Alucard, which wouldn't make sense, if she hadn't done something similar in the past.

As for the existence of something more then the raw power of a Shinso vampire, well as has been seen in the flashback to Moka's past, that doesn't seem to be the case, since Alucard reacted immediately after Moka released her Shinso power's, but we also have to remember that at that time, Akasha still hasn't been within Alucard, so currently there is one other element that binds Alucard and that is Akasha's will to keep him asleep.

Still, I don't want to say that Tsukune hasn't got any influence in the process of awakening Alucard, since I think he does - after all he inherited his Shinso blood from Moka, and that's something that Fairy Tail is currently unaware of, I just think that his influence isn't about holding Alucard down mentally, which is something that currently only Akasha is burdened with, and I doubt that she would want her daughter to share that burden with her, in my opinion it's something different, and probably related to the unique way Tsukune has obtained his vampire abilities.

After all, I doubt that an ordinary vampire would need such a huge amount of blood that Tsukune, after all he received five injections of Moka's blood, and after each time she was visibly drained, and got a lot weaker, which was quite obvious during her fight against Kuyou. Now, I'm quite aware of the fact that Moka recovered from those periods of being weaker, and apparently didn't lose any of her strength, but if you think about it, for now, we still don't know how powerful Shinso vampires are.

Now, before you mention it as an counterargument, as you know, Alucard is a different case, since he reached that level of power, by absorbing the powers of many different ayashi, and what I am talking about is the limit of power of an ordinary Shinso vampire, without any augmentations.

Of course, the fights between Akasha vs Alucard or Moka vs Kahula (which is the only fight, up till now, when Moka has gotten serious, and hadn't been weakened by outside elements) occurred after Akasha or Moka have given their Shinso blood to someone else, so in my opinion, they can't be used to define what is the limit of a Shinso vampires power, and since we haven't seen Moka or Akasha fighting seriously (reaching the limits of their powers) against someone, before they passed their Shinso blood to someone else.

In other words, conveniently Ikeda has made a loophole, which can be used to weaken Moka's (or Akasha's) power's, without the reader being aware of it.

Simply put, Moka might not be capable of awakening Alucard, due to the fact that there isn't enough of the Shinso power left within her body, to successfully revive him and only the latest inheritor of Akasha's Shinso blood is capable of resurrecting Alucard, and currently the title of the last inheritor of Akasha's Shinso blood, belongs to Tsukune.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote