View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 20:32   Link #10422
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
[

She may not necessarily be Ajimu but it is only a matter of time. Even Anshin'in san had to find another to beat Medaka without to actually fight her but she got trolled in the end by the real 'God' of Medakaverse by Nishio as well as Medaka's main character powers. Medaka is now an unbeatable demigod whose weakness is that she not powerful enough, Nishio may or may not be deconstructing the 'God Mode Sue' trope but he is playing so straight that borders on the line of ridiculous. Medaka out trolled God or the closest thing to God in this series.
lol, what. Medaka is not more powerful than Ajimu. Ajimu has a higher powerlevel than Medaka, that was explicitly displayed in this chapter. They even went right out and said that Ajimu was "all-knowing" and "all-powerful". The only reason Ajimu chose to use someone else to beat Medaka back in the Not Equals arc was because it'd be harder to do so. As has been noted in the manga multiple times, in a straight contest Ajimu could beat Medaka easily.

Also, I'm not sure what's really going in this thread right now, but I don't know what people are complaining about, honestly. What? Medaka is overpowered? The manga should've ended back in ch. 140? Are you guys serious? What the hell is wrong with the current arc right now, the plotline, etc.? It's the long awaited Shiranui exposition arc, and the details we've already received thus far are already far more than any of us imagined before. Do you honestly care about whether or not Medaka should "fail" a couple of logic puzzles?

Anyway, with this whole "protecting the world" thing it looks like Hanten is actually being finally set up as a Not Equal on a level remotely equal to Ajimu. We're learning more about the Kurokami family, Not Equals, and the Shiranui clan all in one go. Exciting stuff, I'm really curious about the new identity Shiranui has been set to be a double for.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote