View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 16:42   Link #583
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Just to be clear I'm not saying Toei isn't a logical fit,just don't want people to be shocked if it turns out it's not Toei producing it.
If the new Sailor Moon is a 4+ cour series as most of us expect, there aren't all that many other candidates to produce it. Other than Toei, I can think of Pierrot, Sunrise and Bones, and that's really about it. I supposed a series with a split release is possible, but it doesn't seem to be the kind of strategy that's appropriate for Sailor Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
JAnd you're right,what really counts is the people,with that said the Okada Mari allusion wasn't funny the first time and it's still not funny
Kidding aside, Okada Mari can do a good job if she's paired up with a director with a strong vision for the finished product (Aoki Ei in Hourou Musuko) or who can out-crazy her (Kawamori Shoji in Aquarion Evol and AKB0048). She's also considered one of the hotest writers in anime right now, so it's not an entirely implausible choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I've tried every single PreCure series and non of it clicked with me, even when I could see why others thought they were great (Heartcatch). I think there is something about the formula that just doesn't work for me.
Precure is designed primarily for Japanese girls 8-12, so it isn't unusual if older teens or adults don't find the shows interesting. There is a large secondary market for those shows, but it's always been children-first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I don't agree with Stars. It felt they were trying new directions without a clear goal. Not to mention I remember an interview with Takeuchi in which (in a very polite way) was very disappointed with the anime version of the Starlights.
Takeuchi was probably disappointed because Igarashi ignored her and mostly did his own thing with those characters. Seiya was a pretty darned good character, so I'd say it worked. The first six episodes of Stars was great, and the last few episodes deliver one of the best finales in anime.

Quote:
I wouldn't call it that similar though. They didn't really touch the genre with something similar to SM till Precure, mostly.
IIRC Toei wasn't in "good" shape (relatively speaking) a few years after SM ended. I'm not sure if Cutey Honey F ended up profitable or not, but image-wise, it backfired in a way they didn't predict at all (again, an interview with Toei I managed to read back then mentions it).
The directors of Ojamajo Doremi are Igarashi Takuya and Sato Junichi. It really doesn't get any more Sailor Moon than that.

Quote:
As long as Takeuchi doesn't get the final say, I'd be ok even with that.
I don't think that Takeuchi has ever had the final say for any version of Sailor Moon other than the manga. I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the live action or the theater versions, but she certainly didn't have much influence in the anime.