View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 04:50   Link #1457
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dolan is an example of having money but having no fing clue, the Bulls are the example of having a clue but being too tight to actually execute.... but hey the Bulls have been like that for years, they didn't want to pay MJ & everyone money for another few years at the top, and they still don't want to pay money to help Rose.

Also Kendrick Perkins must've been smiling for the next week after he saw the Howard to the Lakers trade.. with Ibaka (just got done) and Harden up for extensions Perkins was totally an amnesty candidate, especially since he was useless against a lot of teams, with the Heat being the main one. Now the Thunder can't amnesty Perkins since they need him to combat Howard...

I still like the Thunder vs the new Lakers.... they're a young squad.. this core will be improving for a few more years yet.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka are nowhere near their peak... and they get Maynor back who is a massive upgrade over Fisher.

Even with this improvement coming from them I still liked my Heat's chances next year... Bosh was not 100% obviously, neither was Wade... than you add Ray Allen into the mix.. and Chalmers and Cole's improvements.. I think...

Heat > Thunder
Thunder > Lakers
Lakers > Heat

Question of matchups... but health is also an issue... Nash is 39 and has a bad back and no miracle Phoenix medical staff, Gasol is getting older, Kobe is getting older, Howard just had back surgery and won't start playing until Jan.... Lakers window with this core is 2 years max.. and you need chemistry... they are very well set for 2014 though if they renounce Kobe and Gasol or get them back cheap.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote