View Single Post
Old 2006-11-19, 20:12   Link #48
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Hmm, well. After episode 7 I'm kinda torn. Maybe because there was not much shown from, L whereas we got to see a lot of Lights inner thoughts and fears and also how well he dealt with them.

At first, I felt he panicked a bit too hastily and I was about to "lol", and mock him at how mediocre he had become at the first sign of trouble but he immediately turned it around by exhibiting what I would call, "world class shrewdness." The guy’s ability to pick up on the slightest detail and use it to his advantage is second to none. Extraordinary even!

So, with what looks like up to now his only real threat gone, plus the fact that his father is on the task force... No, scratch that. I feel that factor will ultimately be pivotal in a rather negative way for Kira in the future plot. But for now I guess it is an advantage, however, a swiftly depleting one.

I'm going to give this round to Kira. Spontaneously and luckily as it was for him to bump into Naomi at such a time, I feel the whole desperate encounter has given him an edge. I believe, or at least I hope, our young megalomaniac has gained something from the reality of almost being exposed. Well, knowing, Light, unpredictable as he is, I guess he will either prosper from the incident, or immaturely rise in confidence... Who knows…?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2006-11-21 at 06:07.