View Single Post
Old 2007-07-27, 21:22   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Post AnimeSuki Banner Contest - July 2007 - Nominations

Welcome to the nominations phase of the...
AnimeSuki Banner Contest
Closing Date for Nominations:
Friday, August 3th 2007 at 23:00 (UTC)
~164 hours at time of posting...

This is the nomination thread for the AnimeSuki Banner Contest - July 2007. This stage is open to all members of the forum. The nomination process is quite simple:
  1. Look at all of the banners in the next post and pick one, two or three that you really like.
  2. Copy the blue vote key text exactly as it is found above each banner (brackets and all) (e.g. "{banner-000}"), for each one you wish to nominate.
  3. Paste all of the vote keys into a single post (only make one post!)
    Clarification: You can post more than once if you need to, but please keep your nominations in one place (so I don't get confused about which post has your nominations in it!)
  4. That's it!
    (I'll count the nominations at the end)
For example, if you like the first three banners, you post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOne
{banner-000}
{banner-001}
{banner-002}
This is just an example of the format I expect to see. These are not my actual nominations.

Regardless of which of the three banners you pick they will be rated equally, so do not nominate a banner unless you want it to compete with your favourite in the next round. Remember that while 3 is the maximum number of banners you may nominate, you do not have to nominate that many.

If you wish to add the image of the banner you are nominating so that other people can see your choice, without having to refer back to the first post, that is wonderful, but you MUST include the vote code for the nomination to be counted.

This year we have 108 submissions for you to select from. However, some of them cannot be accepted yet. If you really like one of the "not quite valid" banners (under the spoiler in the next post) please ask the creator to fix the problems BEFORE you nominate their banner. At the end of the nominations any invalid banners will be disqualified or fixed by me (depending on the problem). Creators of invalid banners can PM me until the end of the Nomination stage. No other changes will be accepted, I'm only doing this because I didn't have time to point out the problems before very near the end of the contest.

The next post will contain all of the entries and nomination "vote key" codes.

What happens next?
  • Submission Stage
    This will be the longest part of the contest. First, you will need to post your submissions in this thread, which is to be used for entries ONLY. When you do, please indicate if you would be interested in participating in an extended contest where you will need to create a set of banners that with change with the time of day, as described below2.
    Note: Any nominations in this thread will be ignored. However, you can (and we suggest you do) discuss with each other which banners you like, what works and what doesn't. You can also discuss the how you might create sets of banners and show samples/ideas.

• Nomination Stage
    After this thread closes, a new thread will be created in which everyone will nominate their favourite banners. Nominations will run for exactly 7 more days, i.e. until August 3rd, 2007 at which time the nomination thread will be closed. If there is enough interest, I will open another thread for sets of banners to be posted.

• Vote Stage
    The 10 most popular banners will be selected from the Nomination Stage and put to a poll. Everyone who joined the forum before the contest started will be eligible to vote. The poll will close on Friday, August 10th 2007, after exactly 7 days of voting.
    Note: Each contestant will only be listed once regardless of how many banners entered. Also, be aware that polls close automatically, so please check the poll for information concerning when it will close in your time-zone.

Terms and Conditions
  1. You may nominate 1 to 3 of your favourite banners.
  2. All nominations are equal.
  3. No member will have more than one entry in the final vote.
  4. Do not confuse the voting by changing your nominations or attempting to vote multiple times.
    If I get confused by you, I will ignore ALL of your nominations.
  5. You have until Friday, August 3th 2007 at 23:00 (UTC) to nominate your favorite banner.
    You can also check World Time Server or Time Zone Converter to help you work out what time this is near you.

PS. Nominating yourself is a bit tacky, but not illegal. If you really think that yours is the best then go for it, but hopefully you'll nominate someone else also.

Last edited by NightWish; 2007-07-28 at 06:09. Reason: Minor Errors; Rule Clarification