View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 19:39   Link #257
wesfalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
6/10

I can't be bothered to do a summary this week - The episode was too poor for me to put forward the required effort.

The small sections of the episode that weren't filler seemed like they were being fast-forded through, while the filler parts went on too long. There was also an excessive amount of fan service, Viletta wearing nothing for no reason, Kallen's arse being focused on for no reason and lots of swimsuits.

Am I supposed to be watching Zero's epic war against Britannia or Lelouch's day to day life at school around sluts?

I don't like how emotionless Suzaku is: Apart from him mentioning Euphy once when Arthur stole something from him, you'd think he'd forgotten about her entirely. It was bad enough seeing him decide not to kill Lelouch and get his revenge...

Talking of Suzaku, the Lelouch/Suzaku flashback was annoying to sit through. I don't need to see a cheap retelling of their history, just like I don't need to hear C.C.'s voice say the same lines at the start of every bloody episode.

Also, this whole Knights of Round stuff looks like it's going to be a negative: Gino's mecha looks like something from Power Rangers and the huge amount of youngsters piloting mechas instead of adults is already pissing me off before they start fighting in them.

On a related note, Anya was clearly designed simply to piss me off. It seems her purpose in life is to take perverted pictures of women (copy of a Vandread character) and play with her mobile. She's popular, worthless, looks 12 and pilots one of the new super mechas - There's more than enough reasons for me to hate her.

The ONLY truly well done part of this mess was the ending - It made my cheeks tingle to see Lelouch's horrified expression, him knowing he couldn't speak and act like he knew her unless he wanted Suzaku to kill him. It didn't surprise me that the only time Sunrise put any effort in for the ending, Sunrise wanting to throw something in to get the viewers back next week.

If the quality doesn't improve, I might end up dropping Code Geass. I'm very pissed off about how badly Sunrise are fucking this up.
All the reasons why you don't like Geass and especially this episode, my friend, are the reasons why I really like the series. Particularly the Anya part... And I am sure, that it is also the case with the majority of Geass' fans, or the fans that the series want to target. So the reason you don't like Geass is simply because you don't belong to the market that the series is targeting, thus you can just drop the series and find your own anime / TV shows that has old characters and no girls. Maybe like like your current favorite animes.

But you have a valid point that some of the key plot points are too rushed, i.e. the Viletta part.

Nevertheless, if you think Lelouch/Suzaku part is annoying, the over emphasis on Sasuke/Naruto in Shippuuden anime is many2 times worse. (no offense to Naruto fans - I'm a fan too, but not on the Sasuke-Naruto emphasis part)
wesfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote