Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-20, 12:44   Link #1055
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In my Chinese heritage we leave gifts of fruit, food and other things in offerings. We even burn "paper money" that is supposed to be the spending money of the dead in the afterlife.

So yeah.
Any of those gifts like jewelry or things you give to someone that is alive so they will look pretty or have use for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I do, nothing weird there

And about gifts to the dead, there's the day of the death in Mexico where people build a little shrine to their dead loved ones and put some of the things that person liked the most in that shrine.

Really, it may be difficult to imagine, but there are uses, customs and cultures outside of your own.
He is doing it "not on the day of the dead". Kou is in Japan btw and a Japanese with a Japanese culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I don't understand what your complaint is. I mean, is it that ridiculous to give expensive gifts to a dead loved one? You say that Kou didn't necessarily love Wakaba, then tell me, why is he doing this for her?
Cause the writer of this novel is stupid. It is some kind of plot mechanic. It obviously has something to do with the later episodes that will either make Aoba insecure, make her cry or something along those lines. The writer can't think of anything better to accomplish that task other than this.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote