View Single Post
Old 2007-04-05, 23:06   Link #276
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
CLAYMORE has a hype around it and the reason is that the manga proved itself to be a very good one in terms of character development. So i would hope that u too would wait out and reserve your comments. First episodes can never decide how good an anime it is. Its just that you end up seeing series whu=ich are good and recommended by others.
I see. Essentially the reason for so many strongly negative posts are hype-backlash. Something so strongly hyped creates a feeling that it must be spoken against when the episode was merely decent. I can understand that.

It's a shame, since I didn't love the manga on the first 3 chapters either. It wasn't until volume 2 that the story really grabbed me. I wonder how many people will respond to the hype by turning this out for being merely good at the beginning. This show starts off slow and that is turning off a lot of people who are expecting more from the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Anyway, is there any hard evidence that this show will be 24/26 episodes. Maybe even 50... Hook me up with a link with some kind of announcement of the sort if there is one.

And yea I know, most likely there won't be 50 episodes, but that won't keep me from hoping.
The only evidence is that the manga is only 10 volumes and new chapters come out at the slow rate of 1 per month. There is no way to exceed 26 episodes without a LOT of filler.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote