View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 22:26   Link #98
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
He doesn't even need to do that. He just needs to prove that magic didn't do it in any way.
Well, yes, although humans are the simplest thing to use. All the same, I'm sure there can be ways to avoid using them, like talking about the use of traps, and things like that. But anyway, you're right, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
That becomes a somewhat hopeless proposition now, though, since

a.) Beatrice refuses to narrow anything down for him
b.) His side isn't allowed to summon witnesses to help investigate the truth, and it's not likely every mystery will be solvable by digging for convenient physical evidence.

It's just like any random one of us watchers/readers trying to "prove" a theory by ourselves, we and Battler are basically in the same boat if we can't interact with the creator/get confirmation in red.
I'd say things have been kept narrowing down ever since the red was introduced. Anyway, for most of it, that's how things are. Anyway, my point still stands, he had a winning condition from the very beginning.