Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-15, 18:00   Link #14195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"The New York Times says that Pakistani is increasingly unwilling to monitor or let
US assets monitor al-Qaeda activities inside Pakistan. They are now threatening
to shut down the drone program. “It is the future of the drone program that is a
particular worry for the C.I.A. American officials said that during his meetings in
Pakistan last week, Mr. Panetta was particularly forceful about trying to get
Pakistani officials to allow armed drones to fly over even wider areas in the
northwest tribal regions. But the C.I.A. is already preparing for the worst:
relocating some of the drones from Pakistan to a base in Afghanistan, where they
can take off and fly east across the mountains and into the tribal areas, where
terrorist groups find safe haven.”"

See:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...d-countersign/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linchpin in hunt for bin Laden back with al-Qaida:

"A key al-Qaida operative returned to Pakistan by the CIA after he gave the U.S.
information that eventually led to the location of Osama bin Laden has since rejoined al-
Qaida, U.S. officials say.

The agency returned Hassan Ghul to Pakistan not long after the CIA closed its
remaining secret prisons in Eastern Europe in 2006.

The CIA had been given assurances that Ghul, a native of Pakistan, would not go free.
But Pakistan failed to keep its word. Ghul was let go and later rejoined al-Qaida,
angering the CIA officers who worked so hard to take him off the battlefield, according
to former and current U.S. intelligence officials."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110615/...laden_linchpin
I dunno.. time to start going to more dinners with our Indian allies? I don't see where the Pakistani government is even remotely aligned with our interests. It'd be more effective and cheaper to just buy off the Pakistani enemy elements and tell the government to go stuff itself with the incoming fire. This is a classic demonstration of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a cake lie.