Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-22, 10:36   Link #14345
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
As I said, whoever would have gotten elected would have had the deficits the current administration face. Look at this diagram here. As you can see the largest causes of lost income, compared to projections from 10 years ago, are the recession and Bush's policies. Obama's enacted policies are relatively small, at 200 Billion, while the stuff started by Bush and continued by Obama accounts for 400 Billion. Clearly the previous administration has the larger burden of responsibility here...

As for Universal Healthcare, every other developed country has it, and every other developed country spends less over all (over 50% less in most cases), then the US. And you may not like the government, but they're a whole lot better then insurance companies...

And the framework is entirely there, it would simply involve extending merging medicare and medicaid, and extending it to the entire population. Then, the government could bargain with drug companies to get drug costs way down. Like Vexx said, the reason this hasn't been done is that there's too much money in it for drug companies. For one thing, the entire, very lucrative, and utterly superfluous health insurance companies would get wiped out.
I asked you earlier to name what policies by Bush caused our recession, and you ignored that, or didn't see it. So I will ask again. What policies did Bush pass, that caused our recession? And explain to me why the Democrats have failed to pass a budget of any kind in the past several years? And once again, you are giving a pass on 80,000 a year debt spending, while criticizing 20,000 a year debt spending. Hypocrite be thy name.

Medicare and Medicaid are already swallowing up more and more of the money in this country every single year. Eventually it has the potential to bankrupt us, so using that as a basis to have Universal Healthcare, isn't doing your argument any good. America isn't Europe. We do things very differently than you do, and our Constitution and laws don't allow for the same things that your laws do.