View Single Post
Old 2006-12-29, 23:45   Link #36
Karedis
Trophy Kill

Send a message via AIM to Karedis
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EV- View Post
Wow, Misa is really dumb
Haha... that was the first impression that I had about her after watching this episode as well. After seeing how she unknowingly rattled Raito's cage by making all of those references to Shinigamis and whatnot, I almost expected her to agree to meet Kira on public television! As an anime-only watcher, Misa seems like a very quirky character so far, and I'm not really liking her. Perhaps its because I see her as an extremely dismissive Haruhi-sama who therefore feels no sadness towards Jealous' sacrifice for her. The way that Misa went from "extremely contemplative about Jealous" to "let's go meet Kira mode!!" in about two seconds really irked me. This has been her first full episode appearance, so hopefully Misa starts to sound more like Misa and less like Haruhi to me.

On a side note, I loved the color imagery again this episode. Misa's red hat when she was about to be murdered matched Raito's blood stained hair when he was thinking about how to murder Naomi. It fits the red (evil) vs. blue (good) battle very well. The funny part is that it's almost like Misa's red hat was foreshadowing her becoming an owner of a Death Note. Almost.